Saturday, June 15, 2013

belly: 39 weeks

June 14, 2013

Hello, hello!!!! Reed is 39 weeks and 1 day in this picture! We had some great news last week that we were making headway and were excited to hear the same this week but only thing that has really changed is Reed's size! The little man grew 2 centimeters in one week and my belly is measuring at 42 weeks. Our doctor suggested that instead of waiting until his estimated due date of Thursday, June 20 we get induced this Sunday evening to start the labor process and have him on Monday, June 17 instead. Our doctor delivers on Monday and I know she really would like to deliver our baby and we feel the same about her being the one to deliver Reed but I think his fast growing size is another factor here in our hopes to have a natural delivery. So, Brian and I will go into the hospital on Sunday evening and they will give me something to try and spark natural labor- thin out the uterus and get the dilating process moving. Then our doctor will come in Monday morning and check our status, break my water if needed and then monitor us some more. If I do not naturally progress, they will then hook me up to the IV and give me pitocin- which will guarantee the start of Reed's grand entrance. It is a little different than I imagine this all going down but we are so excited (and nervous) that it is really here!!! Reed Stephen Pearson will be joining us MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment